UMESH U V:
Artist is a self-taught artist, Born to Prema & Vasudeva Rao in Bangalore on 26th of August of 1967.
• 15-Day "Bell Metal Sculpture Making Workshop" in Lost-wax method and also Traditional Chatisgarh method under supervision of master craftsmen at Karkala, Udupi February 2012
• 10-Day "Woodcut & Intaglio Etching Printmakers Camp" under Sr. Artist JMS Mani in his residential studio, Bangalore, 2010
• 1-Month "Residency Workshop in Sculpture & Copper Sheet Metal Relief", Thiruninravoor under International Sculpturist, Kanniappan S, Chennai 2003
• Professional Photography Course, Canada-Indo Cooperation Project, 1994
• Diploma in Fashion Technology at JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore, 1992
• 1-Week "Calligraphy Workshop", under French Calligrapher, Mme Dennis Lach Geng, May 1992
• 1-Week Orientation Course in "BalBhavan Method of Art Education for Children" 1989
• 1-Month "Chemical Wood Etching Workshop", Regional Design & Technical Development Center, 1989
• 7-Day "Traditional Ganjifa Miniature Painting Workshop", under Raghupathy Bhat
• 3-Day "Puppetry Workshop", under Murthy A.S, Crafts Council of Karnataka
He works as an artist freelancing and lives in Bangalore.